Sunday 15 February 2009

Roses and Painting


Longing for Summer!

At this time of year my thoughts are preoccupied with the fact that summer is on it's way and with it - my roses will be in bloom. To tide me over until that time, I try to paint as many roses and flowers as I can!

I painted these tissue boxes in 2005 and sold them on eBay to ladies across the pond in America. During 2005 I sold a lot of painted roses and hydrangea articles through eBay - all to ladies in America.

I learned how to paint them by purchasing a video from Ros Stallcup in Virginia. I have had the good fortune to paint with Ros in the UK twice and she is a fabulous teacher and a lovely person, and she is also an amazing painter. I have all of her books and use them often to teach myself new fruits and flowers to paint.

No comments: