Friday 13 February 2009

It is about time I got back to this!

Well, it has been awhile since I posted anything on here and so I am going to make a new effort to do so now! This has been prompted because just a few minutes ago I chanced on an Etsy sellers site and found a lovely digital OOAK Blog Banner from castleandcottage, and I am waiting for it to be sent! How exciting!!!

Impulse buying is usually not a good thing, but having just bought something on a whim means that I now have to do something about my blog - make it look more interesting - and make it have a bit of a personal feel to it. This banner will add WOW factor to it - and I have the task of figuring out how to do that! Just now, I have learned how to make my blog more intersting by changing the background and font colours!!!

2008 ended with big changes in my life with the death of my Mother in Canada and so I made the trip back from the UK for the funeral and to spend some time catching up with my brother. It is just the two of us now, (our father passing 7 years previous, our oldest brother passing 38 years ago), and both of us with our own memories of our parents, brother and childhood.

This year - 2009 - I am determined to accomplish as much as I can on my list of 'Things To Do Before I Die'. Maybe that sounds morbid, and I don't mean for it to be -I just realise that time is tick, tick ticking away, and if I intend to tick (sorry!) off the list of my goals and aspirations, I need to get started now!

One of those ambitions/goals is to get to grips with computer technology and get over my fears of it! A good starting point is for me to pretty up this blog and finding this lovely banner is the perfect place to start!

Keep an eye out for it - I will get it up as soon as I can! I can hardly wait!

No comments: