Wednesday 15 September 2010

Leigh Regatta and craft sales!

This past weekend I had a craft stall at the Old Leigh Regatta in Leigh on Sea, Essex.

The annual regatta is held in Old Leigh - the original fishing village down the cliffs from the main town on the Thames Estuary. Old Leigh is charming with it's lovely little cottages, traditional fishing pubs , seafood vendors and restaurants and cafes.

Every summer the old town is packed with visitors - both local and from London who come down for a day by the sea.

This is the first year I have had a stand at the Regatta and I will defintely be back for more!

It was a great weekend, and despite a bit of rain on the Saturday, the town was buzzing and it was great fun!

I decided to take the nautical theme and run with it so I made signs with a seaside theme and painted up small boats, anchors and beach huts! Not wanting to leave anyone out, I also included vintage chic items, my speciality roses and a few Christmas and Halloween items just to get people ready for the seasons to come now that we are in September!

No comments: