Saturday 18 April 2009

Tea Room sign


I have been working on signs lately for an exhibition in May and this is another one for it painted on a shutter type door. I wanted to get in all the things I love to paint - teacups, cakes, chocolates, roses and distressed finishes.


I plan on doing another shutter as maybe a bakery shop with more cakes and such and maybe with lilacs hanging over the same sort of twig frame. I haven't fully decided but I wanted to keep them related somehow. Tomorrow I will work on a series of 6 smaller signs on wood with distressed finishes - all again with a garden theme and next week I want to work on cakes.


This is the plan anyhow - the reality is yet to come and that will determine how much I actually get done. I haven't much time now but I will do what I can in the time I have.


It has been a beautiful and sunny day today - I love the fact that Spring is here and Summer is on the way!


2 comments:

Susan Wymola said...

Oh Wow,,Sharon, I love the door!
Sweet Roses and Tea cup...

Just for you . . . said...

Sharon,

absolutely stunning . . . I love the detailing and so different to see you work on a door . . . I want one!

Lisa
x